Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Time's Going Fast!

Well, guess it's about time to post another entry. It was just a little over a month ago I made my first posting. At that time we had 6 weeks before we planned to leave, now it's down to 9 days and a list of things still to do 3 miles long! I go to bed sleep for about 4 hours and then wake up and start stressing out thinking about all that still needs to be done... We have music to learn, words to memorize, forms to fill out, and shots to get..and then all that needs to be packed (haven't really started that yet) But I do have a travel room set up collecting some of the stuff as we think about it. I've been busy sewing some of our clothing for the 1840s....some we'll rent when we're there and they have what they call 'loaners' and some things we will be able to buy like the collars for the womens dresses, hats for both men and women, petticoats, and ties.
We have music to learn, words to memorize, forms to fill out, books to study, driver licenses to get, tags for the van, and shots to get just to list a few things still on our list. We are so excite for this experience. Just can't believe it's almost time for us to go...Now if the weather will hold off and the roads stay clear so we can have a safe trip...what more could we ask for. Oh did I mention that we have 2 other couples (friends) that will be going to Nauvoo too? So you can just bet that we will be having the time of our lives! You're never too old for adventure!



This is what we call our "Travel Room" as we think of the things that need to go with us...this is the room where we put all our stuff...shoes, hangers, electrial strips, socks, etc. Doesn't look like much but trust me there is alot of things not seen in the picture...

These are just a few of the things I've been working on. I went to the thrift store and bought the shirts, removed the collars, in the middle are 3 of the 5 vests I made for my Paul, and on the right are 3 of the 7 aprons I've made to go with my dresses. What's missing from this picture that I've completed is a white shirt (I took the sleeves off and added an addition strip to make the sleeves fuller), 2 petticoats,and 5 pairs of pants I had to take the labels off of...


Just the first 16 or so pieces in the closet will be going with me... I won't even show you Paul's closet!!! We'll see now when we really start packing all this into suit cases just how much we will be able to take with us...Should be interesting!! Besides clothing we have household things we will need to take...we do have a list as to what will be in the house..so hopefully we will be able to keep control over this part of our packing...


Well, just a quick update as to the next step in our journey...We whistle while we work, and smile alot, and are ready to make these memories!! Til my next posting...Keep your faith, know that we are lucky to live in this great country, and that God is on our side always as long as we do what we're suppose to!!! take care...








1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you will be here so soon. Yeah!!!
    Do I get at least one of your aprons from this Mission when you return? It would be a great payment for taking care of your dogs for you for 6 months... HINT HINT HINT!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete